Thursday, October 14, 2010

In the Shire of Byron lies a town called Nimbin

The weather continues to be cool here in Byron so yesterday we decided to rent a car and drive to Nimbin, a town eternally trapped in the 70's about an hour away. Their claim to fame is essentially a Woodtock type music festival that was held in 1973 and serioulsy, it seems to have just never really ended. Self-proclaimed hippies hang out along the street, and I don't think I was out of the car for two minutes before being asked if I needed any weed... haha, I panicked and said I was good. Basically we checked out the museum there which appears to be a shrine to Christianity, free love, Buddhism, and of course marijuana....



Our rental car... Driving on the wrong side of the road was scarrrrrry!

Some pics from inside the Museum
Troy and Joel

I can't figure out if this is profound or not...





This old man had a shirt on that says, "I may not be totally perfect, but parts of me are excellent." He was the best part of Nimbin.




Our new friends Joel and Yan.














2 comments:

  1. Great blog Kate although interesting to think of something from the 70s being in a museum. Doesn't seem that long ago.

    Here's hoping you are having better weather and able to get to the beach.

    ReplyDelete